Trash service will continue as scheduled. With public works questions please call 856-858-0533. For weather related updates, cancellations or information please stay tuned to www.collingswood.com.
Snow Removal Guidelines
Depending on the duration and amount of snowfall, Borough trucks may plow your street several times. As snow rolls off our plows, it will accumulate in driveways. Please understand that this is unavoidable and it is the homeowner's responsibility to clear it. Here are some helpful hints to make "snow" business less frustrating:
- Shovel snow to the right side of your driveway (facing the street) to minimize the amount of snow entering your driveway.
- If possible/necessary, wait until the Borough trucks have made at least two passes on your street before clearing your driveway.
- Shovel and/or blow snow onto the curb, not into the street.
- DO NOT PARK cars on the street from one hour after snow has continuously fallen until 12 hours after snow has stopped. This speeds the removal process and prevents cars from being plowed in.
- To ensure safety of pedestrians, residents must remove snow from sidewalks following a snow fall.
- In the event of deep snow, please shovel around your mailbox and fire hydrants near your house – for your safety and your neighbors'.
Local roads are plowed by Borough crews. Several roads in Collingswood are maintained by Camden County. To report an issue with a county maintained road, please call the Camden County Highway Department at 856-783-0043.
Roads maintained by Camden County:
South Park Drive
Newton Lake Drive
Roads maintained by the NJDOT: