Holiday Tree Lighting, Friday, November 24, 7:00 PM
Tree Lighting: Santa descends from atop Borough Hall by way of the Collingswood Fire Department’s ladder truck – just in time for the Borough’s official Tree Lighting Ceremony. Choral groups will sing as the town tree is lit up with twinkling lights and season’s greetings are made by Mayor Jim Maley and Commissioners Rob Lewandowski and Morgan Robinson.
Live Ice Carving on Nov 24! If you needed more reason to soak up the season after the tree lighting, there will be a live ice carving demonstration at the Millennium Clock/Zane Schoolhouse at Irvin Ave at 7:30 p.m. After we greet Santa at Borough Hall, turn around and stroll the downtown, visit our merchants and enjoy the show.
HOLOSPEX: We have the holiday magic covered too – get a pair of HOLOSPEX glasses to check out all those twinkling lights with holographic lenses that bend the light to create a magical holiday pattern from every light displayed. Look for the retailers with HOLOSPEX signs to score a pair, then check out all the lights throughout the downtown. Grab your favorite cup of hot cocoa, put on some holiday tunes, and soak in the tinsel and lights.
HOLOSPEX are available at these participating businesses beginning 11/24:
- Premier Eye (HOLOSPEX SPONSOR), 571 Haddon Avenue
- Galerie Marie, 709 Haddon Avenue
- Songbird Karaoke, 790 Haddon Avenue
- Cabinets of Collingswood II, 500 Richey Avenue
- Dulce Artisanal Pastry, 740A Haddon Avenue
- House Finch, 740 Haddon Avenue
- Extraordinary ED, 808 Haddon Avenue
- Occasionette, 724 Haddon Avenue
- Clutter Vintage, 697 Haddon Avenue
- Action Karate, 1 W Wayne Terrace
- Groove Ground Coffee, 647 Haddon Avenue
- All Fired Up, 602 Haddon Avenue
- Revolution Coffee Roasters, 807 Haddon Avenue
- The Wellness Collective, 24 Lees Avenue
- Nunzio's, 706 Haddon Avenue
- Parke Bank, 1150 Haddon Avenue